The evacuation of all Israeli citizens living in the border areas with Gaza is being carried out by Israeli authorities, Israel Defense Forces (IDF) spokesman Daniel Hagari said, Haaretz newspaper reported on October 8.
“Israel will evacuate all residents living in towns near the border with Gaza within 24 hours,” – said the IDF spokesman.
On the morning of October 7, the Palestinian side launched an unprecedented rocket attack from the Gaza Strip on Israel, which was accompanied by an attack by Hamas fighters on a number of settlements in Israel’s border areas.
The combat wing of Hamas reported the launch of Operation Al-Aqsa Flood and said that 35 Israeli soldiers and settlers had been captured by the movement’s fighters.
According to the Israeli army, a total of more than 3,000 rockets were launched from the Gaza Strip. As a result of the attack on the territory of Israel killed more than 300 civilians and more than 1.5 thousand were wounded.
A martial law was declared in the country and a wide mobilization of reservists, the armed forces of the country launched the operation “Iron Swords”, which includes air strikes on the Gaza Strip and cleanup of settlements.
The Israel Defense Forces said 400 Hamas fighters had been killed in the Gaza Strip and that the situation had not yet been brought under full control.
The Palestinian movement reported continued heavy fighting in six Israeli neighborhoods, backed by artillery from the Gaza Strip. According to the Palestinian health ministry, there are more than 300 dead and 1,900 wounded in the Gaza Strip as a result of Israeli air strikes.
The Russian Foreign Ministry called on the sides to cease fire and resume negotiations.
Source: Rossa Primavera News Agency