Rossa Primavera News Agency outlines the main points of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s speech at the plenary session of the Valdai International Forum on October 27.
What Vladimir Putin said:
- The policy of the West is bloody and dirty, it denies the sovereignty of countries and peoples. Power over the world is the stake of the West in its game.
- By using the dollar as a weapon, the West has discredited the very idea of a reserve currency system.
- Payments in national currencies will gradually dominate the world.
- The crisis had spread all over the world, had become global and was affecting everyone. Humanity had two options, either to continue accumulating the load of problems or to find a solution together.
- The West’s attempts to force everyone to follow the same way of development are doomed. Nothing will come of it.
- Russia is not challenging the elites of the West, it is not going to become a hegemon itself.
- It is worth thinking about changing the structure of the UN Security Council. It should reflect the world’s diversity.
- The meaning of the current historical moment is that all countries have the opportunity for an original path of development.
The Valdai International Forum was held in Moscow. This year’s topic of discussion was “The World After Hegemony: Justice and Security for Everyone”. The club brings together 111 participants from 41 countries, including China, India, Brazil, South Africa, France, and others.
Source: Rossa Primavera News Agency