On February 27, Lugansk People’s Republic troops liberated the town of Tryokhizbyonka from Ukrainian punitive forces. A Rossa Primavera News Agency‘s correspondent visited the site of the recent combat.
Before the attack by Ukrainian army in Donbass, several thousand people lived in the town of Tryokhizbyonka.
After the outbreak of hostilities in southeastern Ukraine in 2014, many residents left the settlement. Until October 7, 2014, Tryokhizbyonka belonged to the Slavyanoserbsky district of the Lugansk region.
Tryokhizbyonka is located in the middle course of the Seversky Donets River on the left bank. The village stretches along the river from west to southeast.
It was founded in the 17th century. On May 27, 1647 the ataman of the Don Cossack stanitsa Stepanov sent a message to Moscow, which contained the following lines, “Below Borovaya in the Cossack yurt near Tryokh Izb moved … the Tatar sakma [road – translator’s note]“.
A small Cossack settlement was established on the site of the present town. In the 1670s, a small town emerged.
Now there are empty Ukrainian army positions around the town, and there are still many unexploded ammunition, grenades, ammunition and mines.
Source: Rossa Primavera News Agency