Donetsk People’s Republic denies allegations by The Guardian of Russian army presence near Ilovaysk

19.08.2019, Donetsk.

The false report by The Guardian about Russian military presence during the hostilities near Ilovaysk in 2014 is another attempt by the West to draw Russia into the Donbass conflict, the spokesperson of the Donetsk People’s Republic People’s Militia said on August 19.

“The West continues its attempts to draw Russia into the Donbass conflict, alleging the presence of Russian servicemen and equipment here. However, no evidence has been provided over the span of 5 years to support these unfounded accusations,” the DPR People’s Militia spokesperson said.

In fact, the DPR defenders in the 2014 Ilovaysk battles used tanks abandoned by the Ukrainian army fleeing the battlefield.

“There was no Russian equipment, and no proof was provided. It was equipment that previously belonged to the Ukrainian army, who left it while fleeing Donbass, i.e. equipment captured from the enemy,” the Deputy Chief of the DPR People’s Militia Directorate Eduard Basurin stressed.

Previously, The Guardian, a serious British outlet, published information that the Forensic Architecture research group prepared evidence of the involvement of the Russian military in the Ilovaysk battles in August 2014.

In 2014, a group of Ukrainian army forces was encircled near Ilovaysk, and it suffered major losses attempting to break out. According to the Prosecutor General’s Office, 366 Ukrainian military servicemen were killed and 429 were wounded.

Source: Rossa Primavera News Agency

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Website

9 + 19 =

Loading Facebook Comments ...