The number of front-line Petrovsky district of Donetsk increased by 40% in the last month

29.09.2015, Donetsk.

The population of the front-line Petrovsky district of Donetsk has increased by 40% after active combat has stopped. The district administration head Maksim Zhukovsky told Donetsk News Agency that the population grew from 50 thousand to 70 thousand in a month.

90 thousand people lived in the district before the war, now there are approximately 70 thousand. It is hard to estimate how many people left during the fighting, but definitely more than half stayed, there were more than 50 thousand people here at all times,” Zhukovsky said.

Many district residents have evaluated the situation similarly. “There are more people here after the ceasefire started. The streets were empty a year ago, in September, people were fleeing. Now almost everybody is back,” Petrovsky district resident Olga Kartashova shared her observations.

Petrovsky district of Donetsk, western part of Donetsk People’s Republic capital, was almost daily shelled by Kiev junta’s punitive army and national battalions until the September 2015 ceasefire. The district’s residential sector was first shelled in July last year.

The third ceasefire in the war in Donbass was declared on September 1, 2015. The only serious violation during this time was when Ukrainian military shelled Aleksandrovka township of Petrovsky district of Donetsk in the night between September 4 and 5, as a result of which one civilian died and another 2 were injured.

 

Source: Donetsk News Agency

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on VKEmail this to someonePrint this page
Loading Facebook Comments ...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Website

five × five =